Hideki YORIMITSU (Professor)
- Field of Expertise:
- Organic Chemistry (Synthesis, Reactions, Structure, Functions)
- Research Interests:
- Development of new reactions utilizing organometallic species, transition metal catalysts, and heteroatoms
- Creation of new functional molecules based on new organic transformations
- Recent Representative Publications:
- H. Saito, S. Otsuka, K. Nogi, H. Yorimitsu, “Nickel-Catalyzed Boron Insertion into the C2-O Bond of Benzofurans” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 15315-15318.
- T. Yanagi, S. Otsuka, Y. Kasuga, K. Fujimoto, K. Murakami, K. Nogi, H. Yorimitsu, A. Osuka, “Metal-Free Approach to Biaryls from Phenols and Aryl Sulfoxides by Temporarily Sulfur-Tethered Regioselective C-H/C-H Coupling” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 14582-14585.
- K. Gao, H. Yorimitsu, A. Osuka, “α-Arylation of Ketimines with Aryl Sulfides at a Low Palladium Catalyst Loading” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 4573–4576.
- M. Bhanuchandra, K. Murakami, D. Vasu, H. Yorimitsu, A. Osuka, “Transition-Metal-Free Synthesis of Carbazoles and Indoles by an SNAr-based “Aromatic Metamorphosis” of Thiaarenes” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 10234–10372.
- D. Vasu, H. Yorimitsu, A. Osuka, “Palladium-Assisted “Aromatic Metamorphosis” of Dibenzothiophenes into Triphenylenes” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 7162–7166.
- T. Sugahara, K. Murakami, H. Yorimitsu, A. Osuka, “Palladium-Catalyzed Amination of Aryl Sulfides with Anilines” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 9329–9333.
- K. Murakami, H. Yorimitsu, A. Osuka, “Practical, Modular, and General Synthesis of Benzofurans through Extended Pummerer Annulation/Cross-coupling Strategy” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 7510–7513.
- K. Gao, S. Otsuka, A. Baralle, K. Nogi, H. Yorimitsu, A. Osuka, “Cross-coupling of Aryl Sulfides Powered by N-Heterocyclic Carbene Ligands” J. Synth. Org. Chem. Jpn. 2016, 74, 1119–1127 (Review).
- H. Yorimitsu, D. Vasu, M. Bhanuchandra, K. Murakami, A. Osuka, “Aromatic Metamorphosis of Dibenzothiophenes” Synlett 2016, 27, 1765–1774 (Review).
- H. Yorimitsu, A. Osuka, “Organometallic Approaches for Direct Modification of Peripheral C-H Bonds in Porphyrin Cores” Asian J. Org. Chem. 2013, 2, 356−373 (Review).
- H. Yorimitsu, K. Oshima, “Metal-Mediated Retro-Allylation of Homoallyl Alcohols for Highly Selective Organic Synthesis” Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 2009, 82, 778–792 (Review).
- Research Experience:
- B.S. (1997) & Ph.D. (2002) from Kyoto U. (Mentor: Prof. Koichiro Oshima)
- Postdoctoral fellow (2002-2003) at U. Tokyo (Mentor: Prof. Eiichi Nakamura)
- Assistant Professor (2003-2008) at Kyoto U. (Dept. Material Chem., Oshima Group)
- Associate Professor (2008-2009) at Kyoto U. (Dept. Material Chem., Oshima Group)
- Associate Professor (2009-2015) at Kyoto U. (Dept. Chem., Osuka Group)
- Project Leader of ACT-C, JST (2012-present, concurrent position)
- Visiting Associate Professor at Institute for Molecular Science (2014-2015, concurrent position)
- Professor (2015-present) at Kyoto U. (Dept. Chem.)
- Visiting Associate Professor/Professor at Institute for Molecular Science (2014-2016, concurrent position)
- Awards and Fellowships:
- Mukaiyama Award, 2016
- JACI New Chemical Technology Research Encouragement Award, 2015
- The Young Scientists’ Prize, The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, 2011
- Mitsui Chemicals Catalysis Science Award of Encouragement, 2011
- The Chemical Society of Japan Award For Young Chemists, 2009
- Eisai Award in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Japan, 2007
- Banyu Young Chemist Award, 2007
- Thieme Journal Award, 2006
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Research Fellowship SPD, 2003
- JSPS Research Fellowship PD, 2002
- Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan Award, 2001
- JSPS Research Fellowship DC1, 1999–2002
- Contact Information:
- Phone: +81-75-753-3983
E-mail: yori ＋ @kuchem.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Research Group Website
This page was last modified on 05 April 2018.