Shigeo UMETANI (Associate Professor)
- Field of Experties:
Analytical Chemistry, Separation Chemistry
- Research Interests:
- Molecular Design of Organic Ligands Highly Selective for Metal Ions
- Molecularly Imprinted Sol-gel Materials for the Separation of Metal Ions
- Recent Papers:
- S. Umetani and H. Freiser, “Mixed Ligand Chelate Extraction of Lanthanides with 1-Phenyl-3-methyl-4-trifluoroacetyl-5-pyrazolone and Some Phosphine Oxide Compounds,” Inorg. Chem., 26, 3179-3181 (1987).
- S. Umetani and M. Matsu, “Solvent Extraction of Alkaline Earth Metals with 4-Acyl-5-pyrazolones and Polydentate Phosphine Oxides,” Anal. Chem., 64, 2288-2292 (1992).
- S. Tsurubou, M. Mizutani, Y. Kadota, T. Yamamoto, S. Umetani, T. Sasaki, Q. T. H. Le and M. Matsui, “Improved Extraction-Separation of Alkaline Earths and Lanthanides Using Crown Ethers as Ion Size Selective Masking Reagents: A Novel Macrocycle Application,” Anal. Chem., 67, 1465-1469 (1995).
- S. Umetani, Y. Kawase, Q. T. H. Le and M. Matsui, “Acylpyrazolone derivatives of high selectivity for lanthanide metal ions: Effect of the distance between the two donating oxygens,” J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 2787-2791 (2000).
- S. Umetani, “Molecular Design of Organic Ligands Highly Selective for Lanthanide Metal Ions,” J. Alloys Comp., 408-412, 981-984 (2006).
- K. Kurahashi, S. Umetani and Y. Sohrin, “Solvent Extraction of Divalent Metal Ions with Azacrown Ether Substituted Acylpyrazolones”, Anal. Sci., 24, 225-229 (2008).
- K. Kurahashi, S. Umetani and Y. Sohrin, “Complex Formation of Zn2+, Cd2+, Al3+, Ga3+ and In3+ with Diaza-crown Ethers and Cryptands in Water as Ion Size Selective Masking Reagents”, Solvent Extr. Res. Dev., Japan, 15, 37-44 (2008).
- Contact Information:
E-mail: umetani + @scl.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Hydrospheric Environment Analytical Chemistry Laboratory (internal lonk)
Hydrospheric Environment Analytical Chemistry
This page was last modified on 05 April 2018.