Jun Shimokawa (Associate Professor)
- Field of Expertise:
- Organic Chemistry
- Research Interests:
- Development of novel chemical transformations based on the discovery of new chemical reactivity
- Development of novel strategies for constructing complex molecular structure
- Recent Representative Publications:
- K. Douki, H. Ono, T. Taniguchi, J. Shimokawa, M. Kitamura, T. Fukuyama, “Enantioselective Total Synthesis of (+)-Hinckdentine A via a Catalytic Dearomatization Approach” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 14578−14581.
- T. Harada, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Unified Total Synthesis of Five Gelsedine-type Alkaloids: (–)-Gelsenicine, (–)-Gelsedine, (–)-Gelsedilam, (–)-14-Hydroxygelsenicine, and (–)-14,15-Dihydroxygelsenicine” Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 4622−4625.
- H. Umihara, T. Yoshino, J. Shimokawa, M. Kitamura, T. Fukuyama, “Development of a Divergent Synthetic Route to the Erythrina Alkaloids: Asymmetric Syntheses of 8-Oxo-erythrinine, Crystamidine, 8-Oxo-erythraline, and Erythraline” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 6915−6918.
- J. Shimokawa, “Divergent strategy in natural product synthesis” Tetrahedron Lett. 2014, 55, 6156−6162.
- R. Takeuchi, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Development of a route to chiral epidithiodioxopiperazine moieties and application to the asymmetric synthesis of (+)-hyalodendrin” Chem. Sci. 2014, 5, 2003-2006.
- K. Kitahara, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Stereoselective Synthesis of Spirotryprostatin A” Chem. Sci. 2013, 4, 904−907.
- Y. Iwai, T. Ozaki, R. Takita, M. Uchiyama, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Modified McFadyen–Stevens reaction for a versatile synthesis of aliphatic/aromatic aldehydes: design, optimization, and mechanistic investigations” Chem. Sci. 2013, 4, 1111−1119.
- K. Chiyoda, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Total Syntheses of All the Amathaspiramides” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 2505−2508.
- J. Shimokawa, T. Harada, S. Yokoshima, T. Fukuyama, “Total Synthesis of Gelsemoxonine” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 17634−17637.
- T. Yamakawa, E. Ideue, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Total Synthesis of Tryprostatins A and B” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 9262–9265.
- B.S. (2003) & M.S. (2005) from the University of Tokyo (Mentor: Prof. Yuichi Hashimoto)
Ph.D. (2011) from the University of Tokyo (Mentor: Prof. Tohru Fukuyama)
- Professional Appointments:
- 2006-2012 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo
2012-2017 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya University
2018 -present Associate Professor, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University
- Young Scientist’s Research Award in Natural Product Chemistry (2012)
Thieme Chemistry Journals Award 2014 (2013)
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation Award in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Japan (2014)
Asian Core Program/Advanced Research Network Lectureship Award, China (2016)
Asian Core Program/Advanced Research Network Lectureship Award, Malaysia (2016)
The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan Award for Young Scientists (2017)
Chemist Award BCA 2017 (2017)
- Contact Information:
- Phone: +81-75-753-3986
E-mail: shimokawa ＋ @kuchem.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Research Group Website
This page was last modified on 04 January 2018.