Jun Shimokawa (Associate Professor)
- Field of Expertise:
- Organic Chemistry
- Research Interests:
- Development of novel chemical transformations based on the discovery of new chemical reactivity
- Development of novel strategies for constructing complex molecular structure
- Recent Representative Publications:
- K. Douki, H. Ono, T. Taniguchi, J. Shimokawa, M. Kitamura, T. Fukuyama, “Enantioselective Total Synthesis of (+)-Hinckdentine A via a Catalytic Dearomatization Approach” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 14578−14581.
- T. Harada, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Unified Total Synthesis of Five Gelsedine-type Alkaloids: (–)-Gelsenicine, (–)-Gelsedine, (–)-Gelsedilam, (–)-14-Hydroxygelsenicine, and (–)-14,15-Dihydroxygelsenicine” Org. Lett. 2016, 18, 4622−4625.
- H. Umihara, T. Yoshino, J. Shimokawa, M. Kitamura, T. Fukuyama, “Development of a Divergent Synthetic Route to the Erythrina Alkaloids: Asymmetric Syntheses of 8-Oxo-erythrinine, Crystamidine, 8-Oxo-erythraline, and Erythraline” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 6915−6918.
- J. Shimokawa, “Divergent strategy in natural product synthesis” Tetrahedron Lett. 2014, 55, 6156−6162.
- R. Takeuchi, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Development of a route to chiral epidithiodioxopiperazine moieties and application to the asymmetric synthesis of (+)-hyalodendrin” Chem. Sci. 2014, 5, 2003-2006.
- K. Kitahara, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Stereoselective Synthesis of Spirotryprostatin A” Chem. Sci. 2013, 4, 904−907.
- Y. Iwai, T. Ozaki, R. Takita, M. Uchiyama, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Modified McFadyen–Stevens reaction for a versatile synthesis of aliphatic/aromatic aldehydes: design, optimization, and mechanistic investigations” Chem. Sci. 2013, 4, 1111−1119.
- K. Chiyoda, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Total Syntheses of All the Amathaspiramides” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 2505−2508.
- J. Shimokawa, T. Harada, S. Yokoshima, T. Fukuyama, “Total Synthesis of Gelsemoxonine” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 17634−17637.
- T. Yamakawa, E. Ideue, J. Shimokawa, T. Fukuyama, “Total Synthesis of Tryprostatins A and B” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010, 49, 9262–9265.
- B.S. (2003) & M.S. (2005) from the University of Tokyo (Mentor: Prof. Yuichi Hashimoto)
Ph.D. (2011) from the University of Tokyo (Mentor: Prof. Tohru Fukuyama)
- Professional Appointments:
- 2006-2012 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo
2012-2017 Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya University
2018 -present Associate Professor, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University
- Young Scientist’s Research Award in Natural Product Chemistry (2012)
Thieme Chemistry Journals Award 2014 (2013)
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation Award in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Japan (2014)
Asian Core Program/Advanced Research Network Lectureship Award, China (2016)
Asian Core Program/Advanced Research Network Lectureship Award, Malaysia (2016)
The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan Award for Young Scientists (2017)
Chemist Award BCA 2017 (2017)
The Young Scientists’ Prize, The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (2018)
- Contact Information:
- Phone: +81-75-753-3986
E-mail: shimokawa ＋ @kuchem.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Research Group Website
This page was last modified on 16 April 2018.