Ryu Sakamoto (Program-Specific Assistant Professor)
- Field of Expertise:
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Research Interest:
- Development of Novel Radical Reactions
- Recent Papers:
- Alkylsilyl Peroxides as Alkylating Agents in the Copper-Catalyzed Selective Mono-N-Alkylation of Primary Amides and Arylamines
R. Sakamoto, S. Sakurai, K. Maruoka, Chem. Eur. J., 2017, 23, 9030-9033.
- Bis(trialkylsilyl) Peroxides as Alkylating Agents in the Copper-Catalyzed Selective Mono-N-Alkylation of Primary Amides
R. Sakamoto, S. Sakurai, K. Maruoka, Chem. Commun., 2017, 53, 6484-6487.
- [2+2] Photocycloadditions between the Carbon-Nitrogen Double Bonds of Imines and Carbon-Carbon Double Bonds
R. Sakamoto, T. Inada, S. Sakurai, K. Maruoka, Org. Lett., 2016, 18, 6252-6255.
- Efficient Generation of Perfluoroalkyl Radicals from Sodium Perfluoroalkanesulfinates and a Hypervalent Iodine(III) Reagent: Mild, Metal-free Synthesis of Perfluoroalkylated Organic Molecules
R. Sakamoto, H. Kashiwagi, S. Selmadurai, S. A. Moteki, K. Maruoka, Org. Biomol. Chem., 2016, 14, 6417-6421.
- Diastereoselective Radical Hydroacylation of Alkylidenemalonates with Aliphatic Aldehydes Initiated by Photolysis of Hypervalent Iodine(III) Reagents
S. Selmadurai, R. Sakamoto, K. Maruoka, Chem. Eur. J., 22, 6552-6555.
- Efficient Photolytic C–H Bond Functionalization of Alkylbenzene with Hypervalent Iodine(III) Reagent
R. Sakamoto, T. Inada, S. Selmadurai, S. A. Moteki, K. Maruoka, Chem. Commun., 2016, 52, 3758-3761.
- Research Experience:
- B.S. (2009) & Ph.D (2014) from Kyoto U. (Supervisor: Prof. Keiji Maruoka)
JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow (2014-2015) at Tokyo Institute Tech. (Supervisor: Prof. Keisuke Suzuki)
Specially Appointed Assistant Professor (2015-present) at Kyoto U. (Dept. of Chemistry, Maruoka Group)
- Otsu Academy Award Fellow, 2013
- Contact Information:
- TEL: 81(Japan)-75-753-4044
E-mail: ryu-s ＋ @kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry Laboratory (internal link)
Maruoka Group web site
This page was last modified on 31 October 2017.