Yoshiyasu MATSUMOTO (Professor)
- Field of Expertise:
- Physical Chemistry,
- Molecular Spectroscopy,
- Surface Science
- Research Interests:
- Photo-induced ultrafast surface dynamics
- Non-adiabatic coupling at surfaces and interfaces
- Development of surface sensitive nonlinear spectroscopy
- Mechanisms of catalytic reactions
- Charge transfer and transport at interfaces of organic semiconductors
- Recent Papers:
- K. Watanabe, K.-I. Inoue, I. F. Nakai, and Y. Matsumoto, "Nonadiabatic coupling between C-O stretching and Pt substrate electrons enhanced by frustrated mode excitations", Phys. Rev B, 81, 241408 (4 pages) (2010).
- I. F. Nakai, M. Tachioka, A. Ugawa, T. Ueda, K. Watanabe, and Y. Matsumoto, "Molecular structure and carrier distributions at semiconductor/dielectric interfaces in organic field-effect transistors studied with sum frequency generation microscopy", Appl. Phys. Lett., 95, 243304-3 (2009).
- M. Nagao, K. Watanabe, and Y. Matsumoto, "Ultrafast Vibrational Energy Transfer in the Layers of D2O and CO on Pt(111) Studied with Time-Resolved Sum-Frequency-Generation Spectroscopy", J. Phys. Chem. C, 113, 11712-11719 (2009).
- I. Nakai, Y. Matsumoto, N. Takagi, and S. Okazaki, "Structure and thermal fluctuation of one-dimensional AgO chains on Ag(110) surfaces studied with density functional theory and Monte Carlo simulations", J. Chem. Phys, 129, 154709 (8 pages) (2008).
- K. Watanabe, K. Inoue, I. F. Nakai, M. Fuyuki, and Y. Matsumoto, "Ultrafast electron and lattice dynamics at potassium-covered Cu(111) surfaces", Phys. Rev. B, 80, 075404 (10 pages) (2009).
- M. Fuyuki, K. Watanabe, D. Ino, H. Petek, and Y. Matsumoto, "Electron-phonon coupling at an atomically defined interface: Na quantum well on Cu(111)", Phys. Rev. B, 76, 115427 (4 pages) (2007).
- O. Nakagoe, N. Takagi, K. Watanabe, and Y. Matsumoto, "Explosive evolution of hydrogen abstraction of water on oxidized Ag(110) surfaces studied by scanning tunnelling microscopy", Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 9, 5274-5278 (2007).
- Y. Matsumoto and K. Watanabe, "Coherent Vibrations of Adsorbates Induced by Femtosecond Laser Excitation", Chem. Rev., 106, 4234-4260 (2006).
- D. Ino, K. Watanabe, N. Takagi and Y. Matsumoto, "The electronic structure and femtosecond electron transfer dynamics at noble metal/tris-(8-hydroxyquinoline) aluminum interfaces", Phys Rev, B, 71, 115427 (10 pages)(2005).
- O. Nakagoe, K. Watanabe, N. Takagi and Y. Matsumoto, "Role of structural fluctuation in a surface reaction studied by scanning tunneling microscopy: The CO + O → CO2 clean-off reaction on Ag(110)(2x1)-O", Phys Rev Lett, 90, 226105 (4 pages) (2003).
- Contact Information:
Fax: 81(Japan)- 75-753-4050
E-mail: matsumoto + @kuchem.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Molecular Spectroscopy laboratory (internal link)
Matsumoto Research Group web site
This page was last modified on 13 August 2011.